Social Workers are allied health professionals informed by principles of human rights, and social justice. Social Workers work with, and on behalf of, individuals and families to enhance wellbeing and social development, resolve personal and interpersonal problems, improve and to facilitate engagement with the broader society, address systemic barriers to achieve full recognition and participation, and protect the vulnerable from oppression and abuse.
Some of the areas our Social Worker can assist with are:
- Emotional self-regulation
- Developing & improving social skills
- Managing unhelpful behaviours
- Promoting self-esteem and wellbeing
- Advocacy and liaison services
- Navigating & maximising supports
- Counselling support to assist with mood and anxiety
- Trauma informed care
Katherine works Monday through to Thursday. Sessions may take place in our Mile End or Bedford Park clinics, educating setting, care facility or at home. Phone consults are also available. Sessions available through the NDIS or private fee paying.