The Adelaide Paediatrics dietitians are all highly qualified and caring practitioners. Dietetics for children focusses on healthy feeding practices in infants and children to best support growth, development, and future health.
The Adelaide Paediatrics team recommend a paediatric dietitian review between four and six months of age to discuss the commencement of solids. It is important that your child be given the correct foods and textures particularly in the first 4 to 12 month period. Our parents find this dietetics consult extremely valuable, especially if they are first time parents.
Our dietitians can provide advice and support for:
- Infant and toddler feeding (such as solids introduction, fussy eating)
- Food allergies
- Lactose, fructose and sucrose intolerance
- General nutrition advice
- Failure to thrive / underweight
- Nutrition support for
- medical conditions, such as congenital heart disease
- disabilities and developmental delay
- Overweight / obesity
- Nutrition for fertility, pregnancy and gestational diabetes