A Mindfulness Program for High School StudentsStressed Teens teaches mindfulness skills and provides tools for teens in high school. Mindfulness involves paying attention, on purpose, in the present moment and can be cultivated through both formal and informal mindfulness practices. Stressed Teens takes a mind-body approach and focuses on the whole person. Teens often have difficulty with their social skills, emotions, confidence, procrastination, impulsivity and attention. Stressed Teens can improve a teen’s functioning and quality of living socially, physically and psychologically.
Mindfulness skills help with a teen’s:
- Perceptions and appraisals of stress
- Feeling out of control
- Bring teens into the present moment through a reduction of focus on the past or future and more attention on the here and now
- Reduce: rumination, “distorted” thinking, worries, negative self-talk, and judgments
- Increase: letting go, empathy, patience, being with what is, and kindness toward self and others
- Focuses on the self-regulation of attention, thoughts and emotions